Sanyo recently announced the Taho, a Sprint 3G cellphone built with more than just the office in mind. Military-tough, it resists dust, shock, vibration, even rain. A flash-equipped camera and camcorder cover imagery needs, while stereo Bluetooth handles connectivity. A microSD card (up to 32 MB) stores your downloads.
Per their press release, Sprint’s Sanyo Taho is available beginning December 9, 2010 through direct-ship sales channels, including Sprint stores, Web sales (www.sprint.com) and Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1) for $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate. It will be available in all remaining Sprint sales channels beginning Jan. 9, 2011.
“Sanyo Taho’s rugged exterior and non-slip grip make it right at home on construction sites, security beats, delivery routes—anywhere you need (or want) to be. Being “military tough” (military standard 810G) means it can stand up to dust, shock, vibration, extreme temperatures, blowing rain and water immersion. But Sanyo Taho doesn’t scrimp on features; the clamshell handset supports applications including Sprint Navigation and Sprint Family Locator, and includes a robust front-ported speaker phone and a 2 megapixel camera with flash and camcorder.”
- Built “military tough” (military standard 810G) – withstands dust, shock, vibration, extreme temperatures, blowing rain and up to 30 minutes of full immersion in water up to one meter (3.28 ft.) deep.
- For enterprise use, restrict incoming and outgoing voice calls with password protection, disable both the camera and Web access, and lock the phone’s GPS functionality on so the phone’s location can always be tracked.
- Supports autonomous GPS and Java Multitasking for third-party location-based services.
- Ergonomic shape covered in a non-slip Dura-Grip® texture to ensure a solid grip.
- 2.0 MP camera and camcorder with flash.
- MP3 player, Stereo Bluetooth and 2.5mm stereo headset jack.
- MicroSD card slot (includes 1GB microSD card and supports up to 32GB microSD cards).
- Sprint Navigation – GPS-enabled audio and visual turn-by-turn driving directions, one-click traffic rerouting and more than 10 million local listings.
- Sprint Family Locator allows families to locate their loved ones
- Available in Black.
- Dimensions: 4.0″ x 2.0″ x 0.9″.
- Weight: 4.7 oz.
- Internal Display: 2.0” TFT QVGA (240 x 320 pixels).
- External Display: 1” monochrome.
- Removable 1050 mAh lithium ion (Li-ion) battery provides up to 6.1 hours of continuous talk time.
Kyocera manufactures and markets the Sanyo line of wireless products.